Thursday, November 5, 2009

Placement

I got my student teaching placement today!!! Yay!!!

I finally found out today where I will be student teaching for the spring semester. Since I am doing early childhood, I have to spend half of the time in a kindergarten class (oh shucks :)) and the other half in an older elementary class.

I will be student teaching at Highland Elementary School in Lewistown, MO. It is about 35 mins away, but I hear that they have a really good school. For the first part (I think it is something like 7 weeks), I will be in Mrs. O'Brien's 2nd grade class. That will start (at this point) on February 1st and go til March 19th. Then, starting March 24th, I will be in Mrs. Schultz' kindergarten class until May 12th.

It is kind of scary to think about, but I am also excited to get back into the classrooms.

Well, that's all for now. I'll be sure to keep you all updated. :D

3 comments:

Mom G said...

I know you'll love Kindergarten but I think you'll really enjoy
2nd grade also. I thought you might have to be in a 5th/6th grade class. Yeah!! You finally know!

Anonymous said...

Sooooooo glad for you! Believe it or not, I still remember my student teaching experience..it was great!! Yours will be, too.

Anonymous said...

I will try again to comment.
So awesome that you will soon graduate. Good job!Grandma G