Friday, December 4, 2009

New Layout!

So I have decided I need to change my layout again....this time for Christmas!! I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming up! I am super excited for it....like I am every year, but I feel like I am missing out on the Christmas spirit excitement somewhat. Last night, I came back from work, and our house was all decked out for Christmas. I enjoyed it very much, but it surprised me a bit. I mean, I know that Christmas is coming, but I guess I wasn't quite prepared for Christmas decorations?? I honestly don't know. :)

But, it makes me very happy every time I see the decorations....and since I for some reason seemed out of the loop, I decided my blog needed to be more Christmas-y. :) So...there ya go.

It took me awhile to find a layout that I liked....one that I felt portrayed the true meaning of Christmas and not just snowflakes, or santa, or presents, or christmas trees, or....well, you get the idea. As the old saying goes, "Jesus is the reason for the season." We celebrate because God sent Jesus to become human....to become one of us.....to live here, in this world....and live a perfect life....and die....and live again....because he loves us. Notice I didn't say because he "loved" us......he LOVES us.....then, now, later, always. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, forever. He sent Jesus then, because he loves us now. It can be a difficult concept to wrap one's mind around. Mainly because it is such an un-human thing to do--to give up one's son/life for all humanity, when said humanity absolutely does NOT deserve it.

How awesome is our God?!?!?!!!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

cute! :)

Mom G said...

Love the new layout! Yes, our God IS an awesome God! (now I've got that song in my mind!!) I miss you!