Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Busy, busy, busy...

I have been keeping busy these past few months, as I'm sure you all have as well! And, as if I wasn't busy enough, I just added two more things to my schedule each week.

Here's pretty much how it goes for the next 8 weeks:
--Today marked the first day of an 8-week online class that I need to finish my Iowa certification. There are assignments due every week, by Sunday.
--Today also marked the first day of me providing childcare during the Women's Bible Study on Tuesday mornings from 9-11:30am at my church. Today was an easy day--only three kids.
--Every Wednesday night, from 6-8:45pm, I am again at church, as a Cubbie leader in AWANA. The Cubbies are the 3-5 year olds. I am a co-leader of the yellow group, which consists of 7 kids, one 3 year old boy, three 4 year old girls, two 4 year old boys, and one 5 year old boy.
--Every Sunday morning, from 9-10:15am, I am the lead teacher for the 3 and 4 year old Sunday school class. We usually have 11-12 kids each week.
--On top of all of that, I am also working 40+ hours at Culver's Restaurant as a Crew Chief (manager).

Sounds pretty crazy doesn't it?? It doesn't feel that busy....yet. Of course my class also just started....

In other news, Snowbelle had another appointment with the vet, during which they collected urine from her bladder and tested it for crystals (which eventually turn into stones) and for bacteria growth (which turns into an infection). Both tests were negative, which means, at this point, Snowbelle is completely healthy. Yay! She is restricted to JUST her dog food---no human food (which we have been following for several years) and NO treats! I think that will be the hardest part on all of us! Although, we have decided that when she would normally get a treat (after a bath, getting her nails clipped, etc), we will just give her a small amount of her dog food. We also have to soak her food in water in an effort to increase her water consumption, which will hopefully keep her bladder clear of infections and stones. She really could care less that she now pretty much laps up her food instead of chewing it...except for the wait period between when we put food in her bowl and when she actually gets to eat it (we soak it in water and she has to wait for it....which she hates!) I also have to take her in every 6 months to repeat the two tests mentioned above. Hopefully, with the strict diet, increased water consumption, and the frequent check-ups, we will be able to catch any infection or stone growth early so she does not ever need surgery again. I am not sure if the vet even would consider a 3rd bladder surgery on an aging dog (she turns 11 in May).

As far as the apartment search goes, I am still working on paying off my car (less than $200 left!) although I do have all of Snowbelle's medical bills paid off! Hopefully in the spring/early summer, I will have enough money saved up to get an apartment. I have, however, packed up a good portion of my room (all stuff that I don't need/use right now). The guest room next to my room has several stacks of boxes already! Although I will dearly miss living with my parents and brother, I can't wait to have a place to call my own!


3 comments:

Kristen said...

good update! :) great news about Snowbelle! miss you!!!

mom said...

We also will miss you but know this (moving out)is an important step for you!

JK said...
This comment has been removed by the author.