- Vacation was GREAT! It was awesome to just get away from work and home for a while! I was actually away from work for 2 whole weeks and away from home for about 10 days. It was a quick and busy trip, but we had so much fun together! :)
- After the actual vacation part out east, we came back home and family time began! My cousin's wedding was that Saturday so we had family around from Thursday through like the next Tuesday I think? Don't remember exactly.
- Then it was back to work for all of us. I continued to work 40+ hours each week on my usual shift of 3-close. We have been closing at 10pm in the dining room and 10:30pm for drive-thru. I think the earliest I ever got out of there was 10:53pm and the latest was a little after 11:30pm. But generally, it was right about 11pm when we would all walk out the door.
- Yesterday, I moved back to school. Oh, except wait...back up a bit, story time. Around Tuesday or Thursday of last week I started packing. For those of you who know me at all, that is very rare for me. I usually end up packing the day before I leave to go somewhere. (To give you an idea of how rare this is, even my brother made a comment about how I never pack 4 days in advance.) Anyways, so I started packing. By Saturday, pretty much everything was packed except for like bedding and some other minor stuff. But, none of it was in the car yet. (p.s. remember the car I drive is the little Neon) In the past, EVERYTHING that I take to school fits in that little car. So, the time came for the car to be packed. To back up just a bit, earlier in the day I had gone shopping and got gas in the same car. My dad went out to move the Neon from the street to the driveway so it was easier to pack up. And....it wouldn't start. Wouldn't even turn over. Nothing. Ok, so understand this car sometimes has problems when anyone except me drives it, haha. But seriously, so my dad tried it, my mom tried it, AND I tried it. Absolutely nothing. Soo...thus begins the long process of trying to figure out what is wrong with the car. Keep in mind that at this point it is about 5:00pm on a Saturday evening. Long story short, my dad had the battery tested, it's not the battery and it's probably the starter. So, my car is out. So we proceeded to pack up the '97 camry which my brother usually drives. Oh, except first we had to go to his work and switch cars with him so we could pack it up. Sigh. Anyways, we got the car all packed up and it all fit just fine, with plenty of room left over. And I got to school just fine, car worked great. I am pretty much all unpacked and settled in. My roommate (Jessi) and I have our room set up as far as furniture and stuff but we aren't sure how long it will last. We like it for now, but we might change it in a few weeks. We'll see.
- I had my first two classes today: Geology and Macroeconomics. They went fine...let me just say that there probably won't be a lot of excitement on my part for either of those classes. They shouldn't be hard...but they also probably won't be exciting at all.
- Well, I suppose you want to see some pictures? Here are a few from our room...keep in mind nothing has been put up on the walls yet and I will do that eventually, just didn't get to it yesterday. :)
this is the view from the doorway. my bed is on the right, jessi's is on the left. my desk is back in the corner by the window.
this is the "front" wall of our room (the one next to the hallway). my closet is on the left, jessi's the right. the door is on the left. jessi's bed is on the right, you can just see the corner of it.
this is a closer view of my desk area. it may seem a little cramped, but it's actually not bad. it's just my own little corner, kind of deal. again, my bed is on the right, jessi's the left.
this is the other wall. jessi's desk, plus our dressers with the tv on top. my dresser is on the left, closest to my bed, jessi's is on the right, closest to her desk.
Well, that is our room! At least as well as you can tell from pictures! Oh, for those of you who have been watching the weather craziness (or experiencing it) in Iowa this summer, here's an update on today's weather in Canton, MO.... SUNNY!!! :D Seriously, yesterday and today have both been perfectly blue skies with nice even tempertures, not too hot, not too cold. It's so awesome! I kind of forgot what nice weather was!! :) Tata for now!