Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fingerprints, Class, and New Car

Well, I told you all I would update you on how the fingerprinting process went. Last Thursday, my mom and I ventured to the police department so I could be fingerprinted. I had two fingerprint cards that needed filled out, one for Missouri and one for Iowa. We were both totally unsure as to how long of a process this would be, but we were surprised! We walked in, I paid the required $10 and we sat down for about 5 seconds until a police officer came out to help me. The process, for both cards, took all of 10 minutes (yay!) and we were out of there. When we got home, I made sure everything was filled out correctly, found two manilla envelopes, inserted a fingerprint card with corresponding payment in each, and headed to the post office to mail them. So now the continued waiting begins. This should be the last step I need to receive my Missouri teaching license....YAY!!

I still have yet to find a class that works for the human relations component for my Iowa license....at least one that is not going to cost me $1200. That seemed a little steep for just the one class...

AND....the other big news this past week....I BOUGHT MY FIRST CAR!!!! Last Wednesday, my dad and I headed out for our second day of car shopping for me. We had already looked at all the interesting things in Cedar Rapids, so we headed down to Iowa City. The first place we stopped at was Toyota of Iowa City. Funny story....so it was about 11am by the time we got there, and we had brought some snacks with us, so we pulled into the parking lot, parked, and then sat in the car for a few minutes and snacked a bit. Almost as soon as we parked, a car salesman stepped out onto the sidewalk and proceeded to stand there watching us, waiting for us to get out of the car. And, as soon as we did, he was right there by us, asking if he could help us find anything. Haha. But yeah, actually he was really nice and not very pushy or high pressure, even though those first few minutes we thought he might be. The very first car he showed us was a 2005 Hyundai Elantra with a little over 33,000 miles on it. It had been owned by a single woman, who bought it new in '05 and traded it in simply because she wanted to try a Toyota. It was in prime condition....and looked very, very interesting, so we told him we wanted to test drive it. .......I fell in love with it. I ended up test driving a Nissan Sentra also, but afterwards I knew I wanted the Elantra. By the time we started the process of buying the Elantra, it was a little after noon. By the time I got home from Iowa City, it was about 3:30pm. Yeah....it was a long process....but I am so excited about my car!! It's perfect for me! Small, pretty color, drives great....oh, and it has cruise, the air works, and the radio/cd player works!!!! (the neon, what I was driving, has no cruise, the air doesn't work, and the radio is temperamental and doesn't always work).

Anyway, I thought you all might enjoy some pictures of my new car, so here they are!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

SO pretty!! Glad you love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Love your car! You look mighty happy. I will keep praying for you and your process in getting your teaching certificates. Grandma G