Sunday, September 16, 2012

We made it!

We officially made it to September, when we said we were going to move in, and guess what? It happened! Everything is not done yet, but we got to a point where the things left can be finished once we are moved in, so last Saturday we packed up all our stuff and moved in!

It's so great to finally be in the place that everyone has been working on so hard. The first month to month and a half was spent tearing out old things and replacing things like the sub-flooring that you can't even see now. Finally though, we got to the point where we started putting things back together, so to speak. Actually making it look like a place that could be lived in, eventually. Bit by bit, it started to look more like a house, and less like a construction site. A fresh coat of paint in every room, new curtains, new wood laminate flooring throughout, new doors.....all of this stuff slowly made it look more like a house.

It wasn't until we actually moved in, though, that it really started to look like a home. I've been trying to picture how everything would work and what each room would look like once all the furniture was moved in. My mind could not do the place justice, though. Everything looks even better than I imagined it would.

I know you all want to see pictures and I promise, they will come soon. At the moment though, most of the ones I want to share are at my parents' house. Plus, we are still trying to finish getting settled in...once we do, I will be sure to take pictures and share them with you all!

I know most of you only have a limited idea of how much work went into getting this place ready. Many of you helped with different parts of it, some of you helped with all of it...or even DID all of it. I just want to thank everyone for their help with everything. Thank you for taking time out of your own lives to help me. I could not even imagine doing all that was done by myself, hiring contractors or other people to get things done. I am blessed by God to have a dad who was able to do so many different things...to have a mom who was willing to be here almost every night with my dad, helping him, supporting him....to have a younger brother who was willing to give up his nights off to work on his sister's house, when he could have been spending it with his girlfriend...to have a brother, sister-in-law, sister, and brother-in-law who were willing to give up their weekends to come help work. Thank you all so much; there is no way I could ever repay you all. I love you!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You are more than welcome for the small part we played!! We can't wait to see it!!! :) love you!