Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

Hey all! Sorry it's been a bit since I've posted. I actually have free time today...the first time since Saturday! So here's what's been going on lately... :)

For those of you who received letters from me regarding St. Jude's and Up 'Til Dawn, the final party was last Friday night. We found out how much money Culver-Stockton raised...over $41,000!!! Pretty sweet, huh? And all of that was just from people at Culver sending out letters...we only have like 800 students total and not everyone participated! Everyone was very excited!! :)

Sunday, I did homework all day...go figure. Sunday night we had a meeting, and then an event after that, which lasted until about 11:30pm. Monday was my craziest day. Ready for this?? I had an 8am class, then I had to pick up 3 packages, then a class at 10:20, then lunch. Then I came back to my room, organized the hoodies that were in two of the packages I received, then headed off to a 12:45 class and a 1:55 class. Then I went back to my room, finished up with the hoodies, figured out what my part was for the event that night, then headed off to band. After band, I went to supper, after which, I headed straight to my 6pm class. Class got over at 7pm, at which time I came back to the house, showered, changed, and headed downstairs to prepare for the event (in which I had to have stuff memorized that I hadn't looked at yet). So I worked on memorizing my stuff and figuring out who was supposed to do what when, and then we conducted the event, which went great, by the way. Then I went to the CP and got food (good thing, right?) and then came back to my room and worked on stuff until 11:30pm. And then I literally. I was in the middle of working on something that didn't have to be done the next day, but I was afraid I would forget about it. It got to the point where I couldn't concentrate and I was getting frustrated with every single little thing (like if my computer didn't do exactly what I wanted it to do exactly when I wanted it to do it). Soo...I made a smart choice and went to bed. Whew. It was the longest day of my life, I think, with very few breaks.

Okay, so then Tuesday (yesterday) wasn't quite as crazy as Monday, but still pretty busy. I babysat, then went to a Greek-sponsored Chapel, then tutored. Then...I went downstairs and helped set up for Initiation and worked on memorizing the parts I needed to for that night. Then I rushed back upstairs, showered, changed, and then headed back downstairs for Initiation itself. It went well, and didn't take long. But, after it was over, I was completely exhausted. And it was only like 8pm. I watched a movie, and then went to bed at 10:30pm...which is early for a college kid, but I couldn't function anymore.

Today has been pretty laid back...except I almost forgot about a meeting over lunch. Thankfully, Angie reminded me about it...yay!! :) But anyways, I don't have band tomorrow, and no class on Friday, which means the rest of the week is going to be pretty laid back and easy! I am looking forward to it :)

Can you believe March is almost over??? It boggles my mind...I mean, wasn't it just February like 2 days ago?? Only two weeks of classes left, then finals, and this part of the semester is over! So weird!!

Oh, and another thing that happened in the midst of my crazy week! I got nominated to be a Junior Marshal at graduation this year!! Woohoo! :D And, of course, I accepted. :) I had to be there anyways for it works out perfectly!

Well, that is all for now...I think. More to come later...

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Congrats on being Junior Marshal!!