Sunday, December 21, 2008

Family Time :)

I love family time. I love hanging out with my siblings and bringing up old memories and razzing each other. I love laughing and talking and playing cards and eating food.

You know how people always ask you what your favorite holiday/time of the year is? And the usual answers are Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July, etc. And usually that's what I answer, too. However, I have realized that my favorite time of the year is family time. It doesn't matter if it happens over a holiday (although the gifts at Christmas are a nice bonus ;) ) or if it is in the middle of August. Family time is a special time for me.

So, all that to say, my family is here! My sister, her husband, and their daughter drove up from Dallas yesterday and will be here for a few days. My brother and his girlfriend drove over from Ames yesterday also. As for me, I came home Thursday afternoon, right before all the bad weather hit. We all made it safe and sound, although I think we all were exhausted ;).

Today is my fourth day home and I already worked two 9 hour shifts. It was good to be back at work and see everyone again and get right back into the swing of things. But...I am TIRED. I am glad I have the next few days off to recouperate a little bit before working again.

Our tree looks much different than it did the last time I was home. There are presents!! Lots and lots! Lots of big ones this year. Hmmm...

Already my 3 brothers and Kristen have started a game of cards...Pinochle to be exact. We just finished an AMAZING meal...stuffed pork chops, carrots, broccoli, crescent rolls, homemade harvest grain bread and homemade applesauce. Yummy! I am really really full now. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to have you all home too!! Love, Mom

Kristen said...

I also LOVE family time! :)